Skype is one of the best VOIP options which is a part of Microsoft now. This software application to stay connected with your friends and through mobile or computer. It’s a social platform which keeps the people calling, messaging, and sharing their photos, audios, and videos across the world. It unleashes the new ways to stay closer to your dear ones. You can make calls to mobiles, landlines, share screen, and create groups, make group video calls, instant messaging, SMS, voice message, etc. This application is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux platform, and for PCs, notebook, tablets, and mobile phones.
You can download and install it on various devices operating on different platforms. Use it as a great mode of communication for personal as well as official purpose. Below basic requirements are discussed to download the Skype on various OS.
To get started on Windows, you need Windows XP with SP3, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1 or 10, a webcam for video calls and a microphone.
To get started on Mac OS, you need Mac OS X 10.6 or above, a webcam for video calls and a microphone and to download the latest Skype for Mac (version 7+), you need Mac OS X 10.9 or above.
To get Skype on Linux, you need Linux version 4.3, a webcam for video calls and a microphone.
Steps to download and install Skype:
- Go to the official website of Skype and click on the option Get Skype for Windows/Linux/Mac
- Save and run the installation file
- Click on Yes to continue
- Read the Skype Click to Call info. Uncheck the option if you don’t want before moving ahead.
- If you don’t want to set MSN or Bing as your search engine, uncheck the box and Click on Continue
- As soon as the installation will finish, you’ll see a Sign-in screen
- Create an Account if you don’t have, if you have already, sign-in and get started with Skype
If you are facing any difficulty while installing Skype on your Windows, Mac or Linux, or have any doubt about device compatibility, avail our technical support for instant help. Ask our experts what to do if unable to deal the problems like how to download it, how much space you require to install it, what to do uninstall it, etc.